You have the iPad 1, but you want the amazing video mirroring feature of the iPad 2, we have a guide for you!
Read Me Before Continuing:
- Use at your own risk. This is an advanced-level process.
- The guide requires a Mac and Xcode.
- Your iPad 1 must be updated to iOS 4.3 or later via the latest version of iTunes before proceeding.
- This video mirroring guide requires that your iPad 1 be jailbroken. See jailbreak guide here.
A. How To Enable Video Mirroring On iPad 1
To enable video mirroring on your iPad 1 so you can display what is on your iPad onto a television, ensure your iPad 1 is jailbroken and follow the steps below:
1. Using SSH, navigate in the iPad 1 file system to: system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/. For any confusion or assistance with SSH, see here.
2. Download the K48AP.plist file to your Mac desktop and open the file using Xcode.
3. Add the following line to the file in Xcode and make it look like the following:
- display-mirroring boolean YES
4. Save the newly updated .plist file and upload the file back to the iPad using SSH.
5. Turn the iPad off and then power it back on.
Note: This method has been successfully used with the Apple VGA Adapter and Apple Digital AV Adapter. Also, the video mirroring may take some time before appearing.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: Tutorials