You’ve probably played with Google Earth for your Mac/PC and iPhone. It’s an incredible way to travel the globe and find any famous landmark in the comfort of your home while in your underwear (err…maybe not the latter). Anyways, Google has announced they have updated and released Google Earth for the iPad.
Here’s the app description for Google Earth:
Hold the world in the palm of your hand. With Google Earth for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can fly to far corners of the planet with just the swipe of a finger. Explore the same global satellite and aerial imagery available in the desktop version of Google Earth, including high-resolution imagery for over half of the world’s population and a third of the world’s land mass.
With Google Earth, you can:
• Navigate the world with a swipe of your finger
• Swipe with two fingers to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
• Show the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
• View geo-located Wikipedia articles
• Use the Location feature to fly to your current location
• Search for cities, places, and business around the globe with Google Local Search
The download is now available in iTunes. I am going to get this right away. It’s going to look beautiful on the iPad and will take full advantage of the large display. This new version supports new full resolution imagery and road layers to support the iPad. Go get it now (iTunes link)!
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**