Looking to jailbreak your iPad 1? You have come to the right place!
Read Me Before Continuing:
- Use at your own risk, we are not responsible for your decision to jailbreak.
- You must be updated to iOS 4.3.1 via the latest version of iTunes before proceeding.
- This tutorial DOES NOT work for iPad 2
This Guide Has Two Sections:
A. How To Jailbreak the iPad 1 on 4.3.1 Firmware
B. How To Revert Your iPad Back To “Normal”
A.) How To Jailbreak The iPad 1 On 4.3.1 Firmware
To jailbreak your iPad 1 on the 4.3.1 firmware, ensure you have access to WiFi and follow the steps below:
1. Plug your iPad into iTunes, do a backup and then click “Restore” to install iOS 4.3.1.
3. Launch redsn0w, click Browse and locate the iOS 4.3.1 firmware file. Click Next.
4. Put a checkmark beside Install Cydia and click Next. Now turn off the iPad, but leave it plugged in to your computer.
5. You will now follow the instructions to place your iPad into DFU mode:
- Press & Hold the Sleep button for 3 seconds
- Continue holding the Sleep button and press and hold the Home Button for 10 seconds
- Release the Sleep Button and continue to hold the Home Button
6. If successfully in DFU, redsn0w will begin the jailbreak. You will see a black screen and white text. Wait until the process is complete.
7. After the jailbreak and you are at the iPad Home Screen, open iTunes, right-click your iPad on the left side and choose “Restore from backup” to bring back your previous iPad content.
B.) How To Revert Your iPad Back To “Normal”
So you have Jailbroken your iPad but now you want to revert to the factory fresh iPad.
To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Open iTunes and plug your iPad into your computer. Backup your iPad if iTunes allows you to.
2. When iTunes recognizes the iPad, click on the “Restore” button in iTunes. This will restore your iPad with fresh 4.3.1 firmware.
3. After the restore is complete, iTunes will prompt you to Set up a New Device or Restore from Back Up from an existing backup (the backup from step one above). Choose which ever method you want and let iTunes process.
4. After the processing is complete, your iPad will be loaded with the fresh 4.3.1 firmware or loaded with your back up that you may have chosen.
5. Eject the iPad from iTunes using the “eject” symbol/button in iTunes and disconnect the iPad from the computer.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: Jailbreaking