Apple introduced the iPad as a device that lived between the iPhone and the MacBook. After the device launch, many iPad owners did not know what to use the iPad for!
As tablets have become more mainstream, Business Insider has published data from a survey of over 850 users on a range of questions regarding the iPad and how it is used.
The survey revealed the following results:
- 70% of respondents had only one iPad in the household, 23% have two iPads, and 7% had three or more at home
- 40% of iPad owners had downloaded between 20 and 50 apps
- 30% of users had downloaded more than 50 apps, with only 6% paying for none of the apps
- 87% did not consider an Android tablet before buying an iPad
- 90% would not consider a BlackBerry PlayBook or HP TouchPad
- The number of users who own a WiFi-only or 3G iPad is 53% and 47%, respectively
- 49% of users subscribe to a monthly 3G data plan for the iPad 3G
- 40% use the iPad as their primary computer
- The most popular reasons for using the iPad are web browsing (35%), using social apps (22%), watching video (12%), and playing games (12%)
- The most popular methods of reading news are the iPad are the web browser (38%), a news site’s app (34%), or a news aggregator (28%)
- 72% of users read e-Books on the iPad
Do you see similarities in the way you use your iPad?
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: iPad News