Warning: Use of undefined constant localhost - assumed 'localhost' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/ipadincanada.ca/public_html/wp-config.php on line 7
Send Links from Chrome to Your iPad…Kind of - iPad in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPad Resource iPad in Canada Blog – Canada's #1 iPad Resource

Send Links from Chrome to Your iPad…Kind of

by on August 24th, 2010

Jealous that your friends running Android 2.2 can send links from their Chrome browser to their Android phones directly? If so, then be jealous no longer. An enterprising developer by the name of Tom Lerendu has created a Chrome extension called Chrome to iPhone that mimics its Android cousin’s functionality. Install the extension in Chrome, and it will walk you through setting it up on your iPad, or other iOS device on the spot. It’s pretty straight forward, and will install a Safari shortcut on the Home screen. Best of all, Jailbreaking is not required!

While this is a great proof-of-concept, it’s still lacking in some of the juicy features demoed by Google when it launched Chrome to Phone. For one, sending directions or points of interest from Google Maps doesn’t work yet, and neither does sending any URL with dynamically embedded information in it. However, sending YouTube URLs is a breeze, and it even opens up the native YouTube app on the iOS device. All things considered, this browser extension will work for about 90% of URLs that you would want to share. Hopefully, Tom Lerendu will update the extension over the next few weeks to fully support the remaining 10% of links out there.

For now, though, if you run Google Chrome as your primary browser, I’d suggest you give this free extension a shot. Leave a note below and tell us what you think.

Chrome to iPhone – Chrome Extension [Free]

**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**

Posted under: iPad News, Reviews