Microsoft today unveiled their newest tablet offering to compete with Apple’s iPad–the Surface. Microsoft describes it as:
A tablet that’s a unique expression of entertainment and creativity. A tablet that works and plays the way you want. A new type of computing. Surface.
Here’s what Microsoft’s Surface offers:
- A new Windows Store to download apps
- 9.3mm thin design, USB port, kickstand, microSD slot
- 10.6″ 16:9 widescreen HD display
- Touch Cover: 3mm thin pressure sensitive cover that also doubles as keyboard/touchpad. Connects via magnets (actually a pretty cool idea). Available in 5 colours (including PINK!)
- Dual cameras for LifeCam chat and dual mics
- Comes with magnesium casing
- 2 Models: an ARM-compatible Windows RT (32GB/64GB) and another running Intel-compatible Windows 8 Pro (128GB)
- Pricing: TBA
- Availability: TBA
Okay, so does Microsoft have a winner here with the Surface? It resembles a larger version of the PlayBook but what really irritates me is the lack of pricing or availability. This is classic Microsoft, just nothing but vaporware when it comes to these events. Sounds great, but how will customers embrace this new tablet? We’ll have to wait and see.
Insert Microsoft Surface promo video below:
For full live coverage of today’s live event announcement, check out The Verge. What do you think of the Surface?
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: iPad News