Awarded the title of Apple’s iPad App of the year and one of TIME’s Top 50 Innovations, Flipboard creates a personalized magazine out of everything from Facebook newsfeed to your Twitter timeline or even photos from your Instagram friends. Today, the app has received a major update bringing “Cover Stories” feature to the iPad which creates a personalized feed offering some of the day’s most interesting news, photos and updates being shared with you. Other changes include a third page of tiles, new full-screen layouts for photos and more.
Here is the press release for what’s new in version 1.8 of Flipboard:
- Cover Stories come to the iPad edition.
- A third page of tiles provides a home for all your favorite content. This is one of the most-requested features from Flipboard fans.
- New typography and photo layouts will make your Flipboard even more beautiful.
- Easy set-up lets you pick topics of interest and instantly build your Flipboard with great stuff to read.
- International Content Guides offer hundreds of recommendations for readers in the UK and Ireland, Canada, Australia, France, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Tap on the red ribbon to choose your Content Guide edition.
- All-new French-language edition. We launched a French Content Guide back in December, but now the app itself is in French, too. You’ll get it if your device region is set to France.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**