The iPad’s US launch will take place on April 3rd. As for Canada, we can expect it to arrive in late April but we haven’t heard about pre-ordering yet. Today, Apple has announced to its iPad developers that they are now accepting iPad apps in the App Store.
With 60 days notice to create their applications, developers have been working furiously to be the first to jump on the iPad gold rush. Here are some details from Apple:
iPad will begin shipping soon and your opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App Store starts today. Submit your iPad app now for an initial review by the App Review Team and receive feedback on its readiness for the grand opening.
Submit Your App by March 27.
• Build and test your iPad app using iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 available on the iPhone Dev Center. Only iPad apps built with iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 will be accepted for this initial review.
• Upload your distribution signed app through iTunes Connect by Saturday, March 27, 5pm PDT.
• The App Review Team will review your app on iPad and email you details about the readiness of your app.
• You will also receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.
• Only apps submitted for the initial review will be considered for the grand opening of the iPad App Store.
**edit** Here are new iTunes Connect screenshots from 9to5Mac. Included now are iPad screenshots for display in the App Store:
Are you developing an app for the iPad? Time to get those submissions ready!
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**