As you may have heard, Apple introduced the iPad to the world on their January 26th Apple Event. Steve Jobs was quick to reveal the much anticipated Apple “tablet”, which we now know as the iPad.
What is the iPad?
The iPad is what Apple calls, “Our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price.” Now, it can be questionable about whether or not the iPad is going to be a game changer. Before we continue, let’s take a look at the specs of the iPad:
Size and weight
- Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
- Width: 7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.5 inch (13.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (0.68 kg) Wi-Fi model; 1.6 pounds (0.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Battery and power
- Built-in 25 Whr rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB flash drive
- 1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip
- Digital compass
- Assisted GPS (Wi-Fi + 3G model)
- Cellular (Wi-Fi + 3G model)
Input and output
- Dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- Built-in speaker
- SIM card tray (Wi-Fi + 3G model only)
- WiFi 16GB: $499
- WiFi 32GB: $599
- WiFi 64GB: $699
- WiFi + 3G 16GB: $629
- WiFi + 3G 32GB: $729
- WiFi + 3G 64GB: $829
Introducing the Revolutionary iPad
The iPad as amazingly thin and it is meant to fill that niche where current Netbooks fail to deliver. The iPad has taken computing to a simpler level, where anyone can quickly use it without having to worry about the learning curve associated with Windows and OSX machines. Will the iPad fill the void between an iPhone and MacBook?
One thing is certain, and that is Apple continues to raise the bar on its competitors. The iPad’s announcement was one of the most hyped revelations to date. Why? Well, because Apple never mentioned anything about their “tablet”–ever. Blogs and other press brought expectations to unreachable levels and when we did find out about the iPad, many were disappointed.
At the end of the day, we must not underestimate Apple and their goals in trying to make new devices that will make our lives easier. The iPad is just that, as it’s evident the iPad will just–work. Here are pics of the upcoming iPads–notice how the 3G version has a black strip along the top for the 3G radio to operate:
Click here to check more pics from Apple.com!
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: iPad News