This morning Apple released iOS 5.1.1 (build 9B206). The update is minor with a handful of small fixes for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Specifically for the iPad, the update fixes bugs with AirPlay playback and various bugs that may have prevented the new iPad from switching between 2G/3G networks.
The full release notes include:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Note that if your iPad is jailbroken, you should avoid this update.
The iOS 5.1.1 update is compatible with the following devices and is available now through iTunes or over-the-air download:
- iPad, iPad 2, Third-generation iPad
- iPhone 3GS/4/4S
- iPod touch Third/Fourth-generation
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: iPad Firmware