Vimeo today has updated its iOS app to now support the iPad, as announced at the Mobile World Congress currently underway in Barcelona, Spain. Along with the update comes an update to the iPhone interface as well. The company has seen its mobile traffic triple since the release of its iPhone app last year:
“We’ve seen mobile traffic triple since we launched our original iPhone app in early 2011,” said Joseph Schmitt, lead mobile developer at Vimeo, in a statement. “Now, we’ve taken what we learned while creating our previous apps and applied it to the updated iOS to improve overall design and usability. We’re especially pleased with the awesome iPad user interface, which the Vimeo community has eagerly awaited.”
Here’s what’s new in the latest update:
• New, native iPad UI and an updated, easier to use iPhone UI.
• Vimeo Music Store integration in the video editor.
• Shoot video, create projects, and browse our featured channels without logging in or signing up.
• View your Subscriptions, Likes, and Watch Later album.
• Share, add comments, and view licenses, credits, and likes on other peoples’ videos.
Click here to download Vimeo for the iPad–it’s free.
[via Venture Beat]
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: App Store