News Corp has finally released their iPad-only newspaper, The Daily. I really hope this becomes successful, as I’d love to see som Canadian publications follow suit after The Daily pans out. You can download The Daily and get two weeks free. I am going to dive deeper into this as I try out the app more. The Daily is priced at 14 cents/day, 99 cents/week, or $39.99 US/year.
Introducing The Daily – the first digital news publication with original content created every day exclusively for the iPad. Built from scratch by a team of top journalists and designers, The Daily covers the world: breaking news, sports, pop culture, entertainment, apps, games, technology, opinion, celebrity gossip and more.
The Daily has the depth and quality of a magazine but is delivered daily like a newspaper and updated in real-time like the web.
Great stories, photos, video, audio and graphics come alive the more you touch, swipe, tap and explore. The customized sports section allows you to follow your favorite teams’ scores, pictures, headlines – and even players’ tweets.
The Daily includes:
• Over 100 pages of original content every single day of the year
• Original HD videos
• 360-degree photos you can explore by swiping
• Immersive photography
• Interactive charts, info-graphics and clickable hot spots
• Saving articles to read later
• Sharing Web-friendly versions of articles via Twitter, Facebook and e-mail
• Your favorite sports teams’ scores, news and photos
• In-app commenting — including audio comments
• Your local weather
• New crossword and sudoku puzzles every day
Download The Daily today and get two weeks free.
Click here to download The Daily. Let me know what you think of it so far. We’ll get a more in-depth look later.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: App Store