The original iPad was released in the USA in April 2010. A month later in May, the iPad arrived in Canada.
Fast forward 13 months later where Apple has released a second iPad and over 100,000 iPad apps, as noted by MacStories.
As of this writing, the number of available iPad apps in the App Store sits at just over 106,000 apps. Apple just passed the 75,000 iPad apps milestone at the end of March 2011.
For a better view of the growth of the App Store, let’s look at a time line:
- In June 2010, available apps were at about 10,000.
- In August 2010, about 20,000 apps were available.
- November 2010 saw a jump to 40,000 available apps.
- December 2010 had over 50,000 apps.
- In March 2011, the App Store had over 75,000 iPad apps.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: App Store