Wikipedia is a fantastic resource of information, and while it is not widely used for academic purposes, if you quickly need to locate a specific piece of information about a topic, it is always there to help!
To make Wikipedia even better, an app called “Discover” enables users to explore Wikipedia in a new way by making it look as if the Wikipedia pages are a part of a magazine.
Launch Discover every day to enjoy a new cover showing featured content from Wikipedia. Read articles from the cover or search for the best articles related to your favorite topics. Articles are presented in elegant multi-pages layouts with large photos for the best reading experience.
Continue your exploration by looking at the best related articles selected by Discover, or by selecting any word and jump to the corresponding Wikipedia article or dictionary definition.
The app comes with a bunch of great features and at this time is only available for the English version of Wikipedia.
Read, explore, and search Wikipedia like a rich, glossy magazine.
* COVER OF THE DAY – Shake your iPad to generate a new random cover.
* SEARCH – Swipe down while in a cover or article.
* HISTORY – Swipe up while in a cover or article.
* WIKIPEDIA HYPERLINKS / DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS – Tap and hold any word or phrase in the article’s body.
* RELATED ARTICLES – Turn iPad to landscape.
* ARTICLE MAPS & STATS – Swipe right to go to the first page of the article.
Another great feature is that the app can be used without an Internet connection to view previously accessed articles.
Discover is available in the App Store for free.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
Posted under: App Store