There are a lot of cases on the market now for the iPad 2 that protect the back of the iPad and are compatible with the Apple Smart Cover. The new Vaja Smart Grip Case is one made of a luxurious, grainy cow-hide leather that feels and looks very sleek. It’s a relatively thin case coming in at 2.6mm and it is fully customizable with over 450 color combinations. My review unit was a really nice black leather case with a red lining on the inside.
- The leather used in this Smart Grip case is of extreme quality made from Argentina, which I found to feel very good in hand and the Smart Grip case didn’t add a lot of extra weight to my iPad 2.
- Most of the cutouts for the iPad 2′s buttons and ports are well done except for the speaker port. (See below)
- With over a week of testing, I don’t see any sign of any scratches or loss of color. The Smart Grip Case still looks like it did when I took it out of the box.
- This Argentine product provides great protection for your iPad 2. The leather is very soft and luxurious but behind that there is a very hard lining that will protect your iPad if dropped or placed down on a table.
- When playing music or watching a movie using the iPad 2′s built-in speakers the sound quality will be distorted as the case cuts in to half the speaker’s grille. To overcome this I had to plug in my headphones.
Overall, the case is very luxurious and is perfect for someone that wants to look very sharp and professional. If you don’t mind plugging in your headphones to listen to music or watch a movie this case is one of the best cases to work with the Apple Smart cover. The case is relatively inexpensive for the quality of the materials used coming in at $60 USD.
You can read about and order this case on Vaja’s website here.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**