TwelveSouth recently announced their BookBook case for the original iPad is also compatible with the iPad 2! I thought this would be a great time to take a look at one of the most recognized iDevice accessories. TwelveSouth also has a case for the iPhone 4 named the BookBook as well, as reviewed by our sister site iPhoneinCanada.ca, here.
Here is what TwelveSouth says about the BookBook;
BookBook for iPad is a handmade one-of-a-kind, hardback leather case that doubles as a fully adjustable stand. Along with its vintage looks, this case makes iPad feel as if you’re holding a real book, and in many ways you are holding a book. The hardback cover and spine provide impact protection, while the hard protective inner frame offers crush protection for your iPad. Hand distressed covers mean no two look alike. As a bonus, the unique design of this case disguises iPad for an extra level of stealthy security.
Here is our review of the BookBook case for iPad from TwelveSouth:
- The leather used in the BookBook case is handmade and very protective. I have seen a lot of BookBook cases and no two BookBooks are alike.
- If you want to prop your iPad up in landscape mode, there’s a very simple solution. Inside the cover is a large leather “button”, while on the other side is a leather “string.” Flip the cover of your BookBook open, pull the string over to the button and wrap it around the button, and the BookBook stays open and propped up. I thought this was a classy and simple way to make the iPad a stand.
- Surrounding the BookBook case is a zipper which keeps your iPad safe as well as keeping any documents or notes you wish to place in your BookBook.
- The packaging for the BookBook case is very sharp. Each BookBook comes in a soft plastic bag that protects the surface of the case while it’s being shipped. Slip the BookBook out of the bag, and there’s just a simple paper band covered with marketing info that easily slips off.
- I had no problems with charging my iPad in the BookBook case or while listening to music using the iPad’s built-in speakers.
- The BookBook case for iPad does not include the iPad 2 Smart Cover Technology as it was announced for the original iPad in April, 2010.
- There isn’t a cut-out for the iPad 2 camera in the BookBook case. So you will need to take your iPad out of the case to snap a picture or video. Check out this website to work out this issue.
Overall, this is a beautiful case for both your original iPad and your new iPad 2. The BookBook is perfect for a student, businessperson, or anyone that wants a very elegant and clever iPad case. The BookBook is available to buy for $69.99 USD. You can read about or purchase the BookBook case for iPad 2 here.
**Want the BEST new iPad protection? Order your invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG, the strongest protection for your new iPad backed by a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code 'iphoneinca' for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**